TinyCore NotesPosted: 07.24.12
I’m currently (in between a lot of demanding real life projects) trying to run TinyCore on my Toshiba Satellite Pro 460CDT. TinyCore is an excellent project with an active dev team and a helpful forums. I’ll use this post to keep track of useful tricks and “dumbed down to cortman’s level of comprehension” commentary on installing and using TC.
- Bootcodes can be added/removed from /mnt/sda1/tce/boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf
- Persistent home is just the device- “home=sda1”
- Same for tce- “tce=sda1”
- Store all extensions in /mnt/sda1/tce/optional
- To add extensions to onboot, add the name of the extension (i.e., “screen.tcz”) to /tce/onboot.lst
- Do the same for ondemand.lst